General Liability Questionnaire
What is general liability insurance?
General liability insurance is a form of insurance that protects companies from lawsuits resulting from a third party. Although claims against a company can vary they include: bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, etc.
By obtaining general liability insurance, you can safeguard your company’s finances by helping prevent lawsuits from ringing it dry. This coverage typically involves claims that take place on your business premises or arising from your operations.
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there’s generally an exclusion for business-related liability. Make sure you have sufficient auto liability coverage. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Also, the Hartford’s liability programs extend far beyond the provisions of typical policies, with broadened coverage and increased limits in over 30 areas.
Do you need general liability insurance?
For business owners, adding another insurance plan to your monthly overhead might be pushed down to the bottom of your to do list. However, with the frequency of lawsuits affecting businesses of all sizes, it’s time to invest in your future. Because you worked hard to build your business from the ground up, offer it the protection that it deserves.
Due to the nature of contracting work, it is especially important to explore your general liability insurance options. This can help you protect your business from the financial consequences of an accident involving a third party while working on a project.
Broad range of general liability protection
- Bodily Injury includes the cost of care, the loss of services and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage Coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy’s limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types.
For more information regarding general liability insurance, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.